The KEY-LOCK® Concealed Ceiling System is designed to produce a high-quality structure for a flush or featured finish to your plasterboard ceiling.
There are two options for this ceiling system. You can either direct-fix or fully suspend your KEY-LOCK® Concealed Ceiling System.
However, if it’s a suspension depth of more than 200mm you’re after, then our most popular, fully suspended KEY-LOCK® ceiling system is the way to go. Available for fire-rated, bulkhead, seismic and acoustic designs, it is strong enough to hold multiple layers of plasterboard.
The ceiling grid system enables the mixing of primary (Top Cross Rail) and secondary components (Furring Channel) to increase spans, suspension fixing points and maximise structural design.
The components within the Rondo ceiling system have been expertly designed to simply snap into sections, without the aid of mechanical tools. This offers Contractors an easy to install ceiling system, speeding up valuable time on site.
What’s more, the innovative Top Cross Rail and Furring Channel sections have rolled edges making them safer to handle and together with the state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, these profiles can be produced in custom lengths or radiuses for vaulted and curved ceilings.
Not only that, the KEY-LOCK® Ceiling System can be installed with acoustic mounts to improve airborne sound and impact sound transmitted between floors particularly important in multi-residential projects.
So, if you are after a ceiling system that stands the test of time and provides time saving and safety innovation features, you can’t go past our KEY-LOCK Ceiling System.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT OUR KEY-LOCK CEILING SYSTEM
- Furring Channels and Top Cross Rails are available in radiuses for curved ceilings
- Furring Channels, Ceiling Battens and Top Cross Rails can be ordered in special lengths
- Able to be engineered designed for external ceiling use, e.g. Soffits
- Base Material is engineered from G2 BlueScope Steel for strength and reliability
- Rondo range of ceilings can interlock with each other in the same ceiling area, providing specialised ceilings after partitioning
- Allows easy, economical and true bulkhead corner ceiling finishes to be achieved by using furring channel along with concealed support clips and fixings
WHAT IS THE KEY-LOCK CEILING SYSTEM SUITABLE FOR?
- Flush plasterboard ceilings
- Direct Fix or Fully Suspended ceiling applications
- Suspended Ceilings for internal applications
- Fire Rated Ceiling System Applications
- Curved Ceiling Systems using pre-curved furring channel and top cross rail
- Raked and Cantilevered Ceilings
- Bulkheads as an architectural feature or concealing services
- Wall Framing for masonry walls – battening out irregular walls or providing a cavity for cables and plumbing
- Suspended Ceilings for External Applications
For those who need a more direct approach, Rondo supplies a wide range of direct fixing clips that allows you to direct fix Furring Channels or Ceiling Battens to either concrete, steel or timber ceiling structures for suspension depths of up to 200mm.
Direct fixing clips need to be fixed along the sections in accordance with the relevant maximum span tables and Furring Channels should be spaced as per the building board manufacturers’ recommendations.
ADVANTAGES TO THE METAL CEILING BATTENS
Using the metal Ceiling Battens in residential applications will cut back on the cost of call-back maintenance as they help control movement, reducing the chance of lining board cracks. There is a range of ceiling batten systems which are suitable for truss spacings from 600mm to 1200mm and for use in cyclonic and high wind areas.